Global storage technology and solutions leader Western Digital® Corporation began the campaign which coincides with the launch of its My Passport® Wireless Pro and My Cloud™ Pro storage devices. The company has partnered with prominent Australian photographers to professionally photograph over 200 dogs and cats in urgent need of adoption.
These photos are shared across social and online channels to help raise awareness of pet adoption. All photos are being provided free of charge to the participating animal rescue groups to help them in their volunteer work.
In total there are 11 photographers and eight animal rescue groups participating in the campaign which began on August 10.
So, what can you do to help?
The campaign calls on the public to view and share the photos on social media using the hashtag #WDPets to help the animals get adopted. Get started and visit the Facebook page here.
The photographers taking part:
- Daniel Linett of Linnet Foto (NSW)
- Jo Lyons of Jo Lyons Photography (NSW)
- Ruth O’Leary of Ruthless Photos (NSW)
- Helen Trenerry of Ruff ‘n’ Stuff Pet Photography (NSW)
- Nick Rains of Nick Rains Imaging (QLD)
- Krystle Wright of Krystle Wright Photography (QLD)
- Charlotte Reeves of Charlotte Reeves Photography (QLD)
- Diana Leventhal of K9 Photography (QLD)
- Caitlin Maloney of Ragamuffin Pet Photography (VIC)
- Kerry Martin of Akemi Photography (VIC)
- Alex Cearns of Houndstooth Studio (WA)
The animal shelters:
- Greyhound Rescue NSW
- Animal Welfare League NSW
- Fetching Dogs NSW
- Animal Welfare League QLD
- Best Friends Rescue QLD
- Shamroq QLD
- Pets’ Haven Shelter VIC
- Dogs Refuge Home WA
Make sure your furry friend is always looked after at our DOGSLife Directory
About Western Digital
Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC) is an industry-leading provider of storage technologies and solutions that enable people to create, leverage, experience and preserve data. The company addresses ever-changing market needs by providing a full portfolio of compelling, high-quality storage solutions with customer-focused innovation, high efficiency, flexibility and speed.