Want to take great pics of your pooch like a professional? Why not try Zoomies Pet Photography Workshop – run by the amazing photographers Ruth O’Leary and Charlotte Reeves with Kaylee Greer, one of the US’s most popular pet photographer.
There are two workshops available, both in September 2014. With over 12 years combined specialist pet photography experience, Ruth (from Ruthless Photos) and Charlotte (from Charlotte Reeves Photography) will teach you everything you need to know about the art of pet photography during three very full days. It will be a mixture of technical and practical, with plenty of hands-on shooting and editing.
BRISBANE: 19-22 September 2014, held at the Sunshine Coast hinterland
SYDNEY: 26-29 September 2014, held at Kiama, south of Sydney
During the weekend, Kaylee will also be available to share her unique on-location, off-camera lighting techniques with the group during two sunset shooting sessions.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to the dog and assessment of personality and training level
- Shooting styles – aperture or shutter speed priority, shooting in full manual
- Techniques and tips for working with the dog on and off leash
- Various styles of shots and a range of techniques used to achieve them
- Importing, file management and workflow in Adobe Lightroom
- Quick image culling and selection of your best shots
- Exporting master files for further editing
- Leash and object removal in Adobe Photoshop
- And much more!
- Digital SLR camera and at least one lens (prefer at least two, covering wide angle to telephoto focal lengths)
- Good knowledge of how to use your camera to control shutter speed, aperture, ISO and focusing modes
- A laptop with recent versions of Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop installed
- A reasonable level of fitness and no major health issues
- A keen interest in photographing dogs and a positive attitude!
For more information
To find out more about the course, including the cost, accommodation and schedules, visit www.zoomiesworkshop.com.auCheck out the latest animal attractions and events at our all-new DOGSLife Directory