Guide dogs are an important part of our community. Not only do they help people with vision impairments with their daily routine, they are also companions and friends.
September is National Guide Dog Awareness Month in the United States but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate it to! It’s a great initiative to learn more about the services these dogs and their trainers provide and how much work goes into training a service or guide dog in Australia.
It’s also a great time to give back to the dogs who help change lives.
For more information on guide dogs and service dogs, visit the following websites:
- Guide Dogs Australia – www.guidedogsaustralia.com
- Service Dog Training – www.servicedogtraining.com.au
- Assistance Dogs Australia – www.assistancedogs.org.au
- mindDog Australia – minddog.org.au
- A.W.A.R.E Dogs Australia – www.awaredogs.org.au